After several months of uncertainty over the global pandemic and related restrictions, the ‘Made In Ghana UK Festival 2022’ is finally scheduled at East Winter Garden in London from June 25-26, 2022.
It will be a combined trade show (exhibitions of products and services only made in Ghana), conferences and concerts.
The two-day festival aims to be the preferred point of reference for Ghana’s top players in commerce, culture, creative arts and tourism.
It is organized by Made In Ghana UK Ltd (London); Made in Ghana Consulting Ltd (Accra); and the Ghana High Commission in London; in partnership with Seventh Street Multimedia; Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration; Ministry of Trade and Industry; Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA); and Association of Ghana Industries (AGI).
Other partners include Showbiz Africa, Access Media, OK Music, EIB Network, National Commission on Culture (NCC), Ghana Post, Zionfelix.com, Afriscott Media, Musicians Union of Ghana, Laboro GH, The Beat London, Yanga TV and Rok TV. .
According to the Director of Communications, Afua Hagan, “the festival seeks to amplify, promote and enhance commerce, culture, tourism and the best of Ghanaian talent.”
Among other goals, the festival seeks to offer around 65 premium exhibitors to over 4,000 high-quality buyer-audiences; primarily for brand awareness, lead generation and relationship building; while ensuring a successful participant experience; increase the government’s effort to increase Ghana’s export capacity through effective collaboration with strategic partners in the UK; and brilliantly market deserving Ghanaian talent (music, fashion, comedy, etc.) to the world.
Made in Ghana UK Festival 2022 was launched by the Deputy Foreign Minister, Thomas Mbomba, at the Ministry’s conference room in Accra on August 5, 2021.
In a speech read on his behalf, the Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Dr. Ibrahim Mohammed Awal confirmed the establishment of #VisitGhanaHub at the Festival, dedicated to promoting the National Tourist Destination One Stop Shop Project .
Until April 30, 2022, registration is open to qualified exhibitors at the offices of AGI, GEPA, Ghana High Commission in London or www.madeinghanauk.com.
The organizers have planned a number of activities leading up to the main Festival; starting with a creative arts workshop featuring Ghana’s leading dance coaches and choreographers, Dancegod Lloyd, Afrobeast and the DWP Academy team, who will attend a masterclass in Manchester, Birmingham and London from 2 to April 16, 2022.
Other activities on the roadmap include:
- Media engagement and workshop at Kensington Town Hall, London on Friday 15th April 2022, which will be hosted by media partners in the UK and Ghana.
- Exhibitor Conference in Accra on May 7, 2022, organized by Made In Ghana Consulting Ltd, MoTI, GEPA & AGI.
- Conference for Exhibitors and Investors in London on Saturday 28th May 2022 which will be hosted by the Ghana High Commission, London, Access Media and the UK Ghana Chamber of Commerce (UKGCC).
- Women Entrepreneurs & Investment Conference (WE&IC) in London on June 4, 2022 will be organized by Afriscot Media.
- The festival weekend begins with the MIGHUK Dinner and Honors Ball on June 23, 2022
- The main festival, which takes place on June 25 and 26 in East Wintergarden, is under the auspices of Ghana’s High Commissioner Papa Owusu-Ankomah and other Ministers of State.