Welcome back, New London. Here’s all the local news, events, and community messages you need for Tuesday, December 7th.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Fresh and fresh. High: 41 Low: 30.
Here are today’s best stories in New London:
- Man charged with arson after fatal New London fire: A man has been charged in connection with the deadly March fire. (NBC Connecticut)
- Fort Trumbull is clearly the best site for the museum (theday.com)
- Make a difference: New London’s Covenant Shelter (theday.com)
Today’s New London Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells: discover their full line of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping bring local news to New London!
- US Coast Guard Academy: “#SundayReading Today we invite you to read up on Captain Sean O’Brien, Commander of Atlantic City Air Station and a 1997 # USCGA! US Coast Guard Academy Alumni Association graduate” (Facebook)
- New London Naval Submarine Base: “The USS Albacore (AGSS 569) marked a turning point in the design of submarine hulls. Https://www.facebook.com/navalunderseamuseum/posts/10160135748378694” (Facebook)
- New London homeless reception center: “Seen at the homeless shelter today. Many of us might take for granted how easy it is for us to reach our loved ones. It’s not easy when you are homeless. is one of the things we do to go above and beyond just providing emergency … “(Facebook)
- Hagia Sophia: “I see a young person from Hagia Sophia who will be present” (Facebook)
- Hagia Sophia: “Hello Hagia Sophia Family Join us for the fellowship, food, Christmas carols and Christmas tree lighting. Date: Thursday, December 9, 2021. Time: 6:00 pm We will have a potluck meal. you can bring something, please review the available at t … “(Facebook)
- United States Coast Guard Academy Alumni Association: “Learn more about US Coast Guard Academy Wall of Bravery inductee CAPT Sean O’Brien ’97 and his exemplary career.” He won’t admit it, but others will profess it for him – O’Brien is a hero. “” (Facebook)
- New London Naval Submarine Base: “#MondayMotivation |” Live in the sun, swim in the sea, drink the wild air. “- Ralph Waldo Emerson https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=241811594718856&set=a.196768852556464” (Facebook)
- Southeast Connecticut Child and Family Agency: “We celebrate our people by uplifting those who embody each of our new values through their work as extraordinary professionals and the impact they have on behalf of those we serve.” (Facebook)
- Williams School: “See life at Williams through the eyes of Chief Ambassador Olivia ’22! Check out Williams’ stories this week to see his experience! “(Facebook)
- New London homeless reception center: Ethan, Yachad BBYO of the Jewish Federation of Eastern Connecticut and Marcia Reinhard, deputy director, brought dozens and dozens of Krispy Kreme donuts to the Center as a special gift for our shelter hosts and former guests. .. “(Facebook)
- Lyman Allyn Art Museum: “Are you ready for the ski season?.. Philip Kappel, Ski Tow-Vermont, 1970, lithograph. Gift of the artist, 1971.244.” (Facebook)
- New London Public Library, CT: “Help us continue to provide reading by sponsoring a book through our Adopt a Book fundraiser. Offer of the week: Sponsor 5 children’s books for $ 20.00. Www.plnl.org/aab2021” (Facebook)
- Maritime Museum of Customs: “suggested by our friend Matt Berger The brig named Uncas Slate.com By Joshua D. Rothman and Benjamin Skolnik The story of an all-American slave ship. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/12 / domestic-slave-trade-history-us-uncas.html “(Facebook)
- Ledge Light Health District: “It’s #MotivationMonday and today we send a big thank you to Y-Kim for sharing his motivation to get the COVID-19 vaccine! Do you feel motivated to do your first vaccine or booster? a date on our Friday … “(Facebook)
- New lighthouse at the Port of London: “Image of December 5, 2021 at 08:01 Temp: 32F, RH:%, Dew point: 29F, Sky: Clear, Wind: 0mph N NL HarborCam” (Facebook)
- Spark Makerspace: “Open Sew in Fiber Arts Monday 6 p.m. at Spark Makerspace 7 Union St. New London Come Sew with us. (Suggested donation $ 5)” (Facebook)
- Connecticut College Alumni: “Name a camel from the 2nd and 7th for a Connecticut College Alumni Award!”Facebook)
- New London Public Library, CT: “Help us decorate The Knitting Tree! The library will be accepting knitwear donations from November 22 to January 14! Items will be sent to the Homeless Hospitality Center in New London. For any questions, call (860) 447-1411 ext. 5 or send an email to sc. .. “(Facebook)
- New London Public Library, CT: “Join us in our community room for a yoga session with certified instructor Ashley Hanson! We recommend that you bring your own mat, towel and comfortable outfit to use during our session. Registration is required. To register , go to https: // bi … “(Facebook)
- New London Public Library, CT: “Our Mystery Book Club is back for a Zoom session with local author, Faye Ringel! Faye will lead a discussion on Barbara Cleverly’s Falling Angels. Copies of the book are available at the Public Library’s loan desk o … “(Facebook)
You can showcase your local business there for just $ 79 per month. Click here to find out more.
If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Chris rhatigan
About me: Chris Rhatigan is a freelance writer and editor.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming New London Daily? I’m all ears. You can reach me at [email protected]