Welcome to New London. Here’s all the local news, events and community posts you need for Tuesday, February 15.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather sunny and cold. Top: 29 Bottom: 16.
Here are today’s top stories in New London:
- A man crashed into a new London police cruiser to escape arrest: Police: A Groton man is facing numerous charges after police say he rammed a cruiser in January. (New London patch)
- I-95 North in New London reopens after tractor-trailer jackknifes: The wreckage closed several lanes of the highway. (NBC Connecticut)
- This week’s events in the New London area (New London Patch)
- Who’s hiring in and around New London: This week’s latest vacancies (New London patch)
- New London County COVID cases drop 37.9%; Connecticut cases drop 33% (Norwich Bulletin)
Today in New London:
- STEAM Take & Make for Kids: Galactic Exploration (00:00)
From my notebook:
- New London Naval Submarine Base: “WINTER WEATHER UPDATE: SUBATE WILL DELAY OPENING until 10:00 a.m., Monday, February 14 GROTON, Conn. – Due to higher than expected snowfall, icing, as well as ongoing snow removal operations and planned, Naval Submarine Base New London…” (Facebook)
- The Williams School: “Due to inclement weather, Williams will transition to remote learning on Monday 2/14” (Facebook)
- Congregation Beth El, New London, CT: “In case you missed our presentation this morning, here is the link on the Three Stooges and the Yiddish Theatre. https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.zoom .us%2Frec%2Fshare%2FlE-QQ5BqMemJZtuP_2pABZ7S7pqxT…” (Facebook)
- Congregation Beth El, New London, CT: “In case you missed the presentation on Parkinson’s disease, here is the link to the presentation on” (Facebook)
- Customs Maritime Museum: “Black Heritage Trail Reveals Little-Known Stories of Black Resilience Posted Feb 12, 2022 3:46 PM By Greg Smith Day, Staff Writer [email protected] SmittyDay New London – Years of research by a dedicated group give an overview…” (Facebook)
- Customs Maritime Museum: “Thank you for this beautiful evening. Happy Valentine day ! » (Facebook)
- Grampy Charities: “Happy Valentine’s Day! Help us spread the love! At Grampy’s Charities, we support comfort and research-based organizations that transform children’s lives. Consider making a donation today! https://www.grampys.org/donate… . . . #kidscha…” (Facebook)
- Next door neighbour, avenue Pequot: “Does anyone know a seamstress who does a good job creating cushions? – I have the fabric, I just need someone with good sewing skills.” (The next door)
- Nextdoor neighbor, Lower New London: “We’re looking for a place to house our dog. – We used Tipping Rock years ago, but apparently it’s closed. We might also be interested in someone staying with us. Any recommendations?” (The next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the New London Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now aware and ready to go out this Tuesday. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Chris Rhatigan
About me: Chris Rhatigan is a freelance writer and editor.