Ok so it’s New Years again, time to sit around watching trash tv and trying to get rid of the hangover.
MyLondon has discovered stories about the London Underground throughout the year.
From abandoned stations to hidden tunnels and haunted escalators, we’ve tried to uncover some of the many mysterious stories about our beloved metro system.
READ MORE: 10 Abandoned, Hidden And Lost Tube Stations That Would Have Made The London Underground Completely Different
Now we thought we would put you to the test and see how much you read with this rather hidden and lost London Underground quiz quiz. Things you usually won’t see on your daily commute.
Now is your chance to tame your London friends with your knowledge! Good luck!
(Please note that the answers are at the end, so don’t scroll too far)
If you need help you can find all the answers in our stories right here
1. Which old London Underground station was the code for a code made by James Bond in the movie Skyfall?
2. What old West London Underground station once had a special bay platform used for milk delivery?
3. Which metro station had the narrowest platforms in the metro before its overhaul in the 90s?
4. What was the name of the man who would have been the first to try the escalators at Earl’s Court when they opened in 1923?
5. Which stray line of the London Underground was opened in Buckinghamshire to carry goods from the rural estate of the Duke of Buckingham to the main line to London?
6. Which London Underground station served as an underground hiding place for Winston Churchill during WWII?
7. In which old London Underground station did Queen Victoria almost be murdered by a gunman?
8. Which abandoned London Underground station was once the farthest station from London on the metro line
9. What old London Underground station later became a whirlpool cinema?
10. In which city did you already have a London Underground line that would take you directly to the beach?
11. What was the name of London’s very first deep railway?
12. What kind of worm first inspired engineers to consider digging rail tunnels underground?
13. In what year did the last steam trains officially run on the London Underground?
14. Which line of the London Underground has been nicknamed The Drain?
15. Which station has the deepest platforms below sea level on the metro system?
16. Which abandoned London Underground station is now The Wellesley Hotel?
17. Which old London Underground station is now a second-hand bookstore?
18. Which London Underground station is said to be haunted by a ghost woman who was a former patient at Bethlem Psychiatric Hospital in the 1700s?
19. What old London Underground station was built right next to Westfield White City?
20. Which old London Underground station is apparently haunted by an Egyptian princess?
London has it all – the best nightlife, food, drink, events, markets, everything!
But how do you keep the upper hand? Our weekly What’s On, Sortir newsletter explains how.
You will receive a fully curated newsletter each week with the most exciting Stories, Reviews, Insights and more, including original content.
And the best? It’s completely FREE.
All you have to do is sign up for Sortir here.
1. Granborough Road
2. West Ealing
4. Harris bumpers
5. Brill Tramway
6. Down the street
8. Verney junction
11. City and South London Railway
12. Ship worm
14. Waterloo & City LINE
15. London Bridge
16. The corner of Hyde Park
17. Osterley Spring Grove
18. Liverpool Street
19. Wood alley
20. British Museum
Do you have a nostalgic London story, memory or photo that you would like to share with us? If so, please email [email protected]